We have worked with Chinese attorneys on dozens of projects which has allowed us to find out what works and what doesn’t for China manufacturers. If you are going to raise your odds of getting great quality manufactured goods from China, you should have the following things in order:
- Use a Good Company. Sounds rather simple, however, we continually see this rule If you do nothing else that we advise,, do this one thing as it matters as much as all the other things put together. Study the company, do basic research and due diligence.
- Use a Good OEM Agreement. Great contracts ensure your Chinese enterprise understands what is asked and what will occur if it fails to uphold
- Use Detailed Documents. Chinese manufactures do exactly what you tell them to do which means what you tell them needs to be accurately conveyed: orders and requirement should be shown in Chinese.
- Visit the Factory. Either your own people or a third party QC firm should pay normal visits to your manufacturing plant. Doing this allows you express your needs in person rather than a phone call; trust me, in China this is important
- Perform normal inspections suitable to the goods you are having made.
Do the above and your odds of getting great products increases tremendously. Read on to my next segment for more about contracts.
Some error has occured.